- This event has passed.
Life skills – Youth Reinvestment Program
July 24 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The overall purpose of San Bernardino Youth Reinvestment & Development Program (Program) is to divert youth away from the juvenile justice system. The program reinforces small successes while addressing the youth fears of the real world. The program is designed to mentor and educate disadvantaged youth and provide them with life skills and pathways to success. Utilizing Operation New Hope’s evidence based trauma informed curriculum. San Bernardino City youth will complete 16 group sessions using a series of lifestyle and life skill treatment modalities in an integrated educational approach to healthy decision-making.
- Improve the basic socialization skills necessary to successful reintegration in the community.
- Alleviate the need for or dependence on alcohol or illicit drugs.
- Improve overall lifestyle choices (social, education, job training, and employment).
- Reduce the individual’s need for gang participation and affiliation as a support mechanism.
- Reduce the high rate of High School drop out.